The Liechty Advantage
Benefits of Liechty Media's Planning & Buying Services
The work of Liechty Media pays for itself by measurably improving the value of your media spending. This includes:
- Most major media deduct a 15 percent commission from their rates when ads are placed by a media buying service or agency.
- Outright media costs are reduced through effective negotiation and long range planning.
- Increased delivery — making sure your advertising reaches the maximum target audience
- Post-buy auditing ensures the media delivers as ordered — which is to say, that you receive what you paid for.
Working with Liechty Media for media planning and buying frees you to concentrate your time and energy on what you know best: running your business.
- We’ll develop a strategic annual media plan, with placement on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, so you can project activity and budgets with confidence.
- You can deflect time-consuming media sales calls by referring them to our expert team.
- By managing your paid advertising through Liechty Media, you’re better able to assure objectivity with the media for public relations issues.
We have the right tools to do the job. The cost of those tools is defrayed across multiple clients, allowing us to serve up value right alongside our strategic thinking. These tools include:
- SmartPlus and PrintPlus buying systems from MRP (an Arbitron company)
- Electronic subscriptions to Nielsen and Arbitron ratings services
- Spot Quotations & Data (SQAD) media cost forecasting software and reports
- Standard Rate & Data Service (SRDS) print media resources
- RetailDirect from Arbitron, which provides more than 30 major categories of consumer, media and retail behavior. RetailDirect is used to profile consumers by the products they buy, the stores they shop at and the media they use
- The Media Audit, qualitative audience survey covers socioeconomic characteristics, lifestyles, business decision-makers, retail and brand shopping habits, travel history, health insurance coverage, leisure activities, banks used, credit cards used and other selected consumer characteristics
- The Lifestyle Market Analyst from SRDS & Equifax, provides demographic, lifestyle and consumer segment profiles for all 210 DMAs
- Ad*Views Rapid Response system for competitive advertising intelligence reporting and analysis from Nielsen Media Research
- Access to Scarborough Qualitap qualitative research databases from Arbitron
- BPA, ABC & Verified print circulation audits
Liechty Media has the right experience. Your advertising budget represents an important investment, so it only makes sense to spend wisely. We have:
- A breadth of knowledge from our diverse client list. This lends perspective and negotiating leverage that cannot be achieved effectively from a single vertical business or industry.
- An understanding of the role of each advertising medium and how to achieve an optimal media mix
- The skills and resources to evaluate the audience size and delivery of each medium
- The knowledge and tools to determine appropriate costs for each medium in any given market
- Negotiation skills specific to the media industry
The services we provide are flexible and encompassing, and include:
- Review your marketing plan – Defining target audiences, objectives, strategies and tactics necessary to develop a strategic media plan
- Planning – Goal-setting, budgeting, scheduling, media mix, length/size of ad units
- Research – Identification of targeted media and audience trends; analysis of circulation, readership and targeted cost efficiencies (print); projection of ratings and delivery (broadcast)
- Negotiating – For cost, position, bonus spots, value-added opportunities, etc.
- Buying – Placement; securing the most efficient time and space
- Trafficking –Assuring that your ad materials meet designated specifications, and that they’re in the media's hands within schedule deadlines; coordinate proper rotation of different ads within your advertising schedule
- Post-Buy Analyses:
- Audit media invoices and actual schedules to ensure compliance with schedules ordered and agreed-upon rates
- Assurance of audience TV delivery based on Nielsen ratings;
- Review of tearsheets for position and reproduction quality;
- Negotiation of make-goods, no-charge schedules or credits to correct any errors or under-delivery
More questions about The Liechty Advantage? We’ve got answers. Contact us and we'll be glad to sit down and offer media solutions, and maybe a hot cup of coffee.